Thursday, June 23, 2011

An Example of the Beautiful Manners of the Prophet Muhammad saw

Anas (radi Allahu anhu) reported: “I never felt any piece of velvet or silk softer than the palm of the Messenger of Allah (SAW), nor did I smell any fragrance more pleasant than the smell of the Messenger of Allah (SAW). I served him for ten years, and he never said ‘Uff’ (an expression of disgust) to me. He never said ‘why did you do that?’ for something I had done, nor did he ever say ‘why did you not do such and such’ for something I had not done.” [Sahih Bukhari]

This hadith reflects the sublime morality of the Messenger of Allah (SAW) that he never found faults with the doings of his servant, nor did he ever scold him, during his ten-year-long service. To be sure, this is something unique in human history. May the Ummah also adopt the refined way of living of its blessed Prophet Muhammad (SAW)



0 comments:

Post a Comment